The Greek Ethnic profile has some very important characteristics which possibly separate the Hellenic Nation from most on the earth due to the following properties:
1. it is a direct evolution not of the Byzantine culture (which is limited as a remnant in the ritual protocol and hierarchy of the church) but of the ancient Greek one.
2. it promotes and has yielded a mix of daily ideology where the philosophical principles of the ancient Greeks (education as a means of enlightenment and social advancement, participation in public affairs, hospitality, liberalism and the defense of the right to independence and self-determination, defense of what is right over what is profitable, and others) and the ideological and philosophical principles of Christianity (love for the fellow man, hospitality, support to the hurt as well as friends and family, defense of family, defense of what is right and ethical over what is profitable, etc)
3. historically there exists the support for points 1 and 2 through resistance to every kind of occupation, dictatorship, terrorist and other attempts to subjugate from the era of the Persian empire to today, without the guarantee of success or numbers/ technological superiority when going up against the occasional conqueror/ trespasses/ tyrant/ dictator/ ‘master’. The systematic victory and defense of independence shows stamina and commitment for this prevalence even if it takes a process of centuries to achieve.
4. Greek culture has the characteristic of integration and hellenization of new elements/ races/ people who remain within it, because it gives a very vivid identity without stifling or limiting the personality of the person; rather it promotes it. Greek culture is also a philosophical movement as can be shown by the various philhellenic movements and the capacity to disperse knowledge through them as long as the Greek principles are adhered to.
5. there is promotion and embrace of pluralism but without tolerance for any reason of the trespassing/ oppression of one idea or group in favour of the other, or social infringement or alteration/ rejection of any idea or race in favour of the other. In case of such a breach/ trespassing by one group against any other there is immediate disapproval and isolation of that group.
The above qualities are on the one part a description of a humanistic movement and on the other part trajectories directly undermining any group or social class or state or scheme which desires the social and financial oppression of the many in favour of the few.
Therefore, it is natural and expected to have an intense, stifling and charging war of ideas, lifestyle and propaganda against the Greeks and the Greek profile through specific agents and individuals who are not part of the Greek group but of another group which is international and serves the law of money and violent, back-stage propaganda and terrorist suppression which we will examine in the matching area to be informed on.
The more the above ideas are in essence upkept and, when an issue of clear and direct choice is presented to the Greek instead of indirect manipulation through undermining of logic, though psychological blackmail and mainly, through avoidance of mentioning the definition/ name of each choice (e.g. financial liberalism instead of financial dictatorship, corporate motivation instead of differential/ unequal treatment with state funds, social care instead of financial strangulation of the self-employed professionals and farmers, impoverishment of the state cashtills instead of theft and embezzlement of the People’s money, retrenchment instead of re-allocation of wealth to place it in the hands of the few, free educational system instead of anti-educational system causing financial bloodletting to the Citizen due to necessity to hire not only other educational means but also special psychological health experts, development and progress instead of backtracking and abolition of the vested social protections, and others), the Greek will always choose according to his/ her culture’s trajectories. This is obvious even in this year’s Olympic Games with the great reaction and complaints of Greek Citizens and not the elected/ installed officials (who accepted it) regarding the absolute insult of the Greek People when internationally the image of the outcast and rejected ex-king as a representative of Greece in Beijing during the opening ceremony was projected/ enforced.
For this reason, therefore, for thirty years now there has been going on an attack, direct and indirect, against the profile of the Greek in an effort to make the Greek People be ashamed of this identity which is one of the most liberal, charismatic and progressive.
Attempts are being made to convince the Greek that they are not intelligent, they do not have the capacity to make choices, they are not brave, they are not studious and successful and have no relationship with ancestors who admittedly are all this, both in antiquity and modern times (there are attempts to separate contemporary Greeks from the ancient ones when anthropologically, ideologically, linguistically and existentially they are proven to be tantamount counterparts) that they are not true descendents of the heroes of war of 1821, 1912, 1914, 1922, 1940, 1973 because it is claimed that the particular heroes died without leaving offspring or that this offspring they did leave was in some mysterious way corrupted ideologically or was not taught the same principles.
Of course all of the above is false and is not founded on proof but on propaganda as projection as supporting examples of isolated, many times fabricated cases or occasions that for several reasons are not part of the true Hellenic group.
Also, odd, unrealistic stories of success are projected which in truth and not in the sphere of the fantastic where they exist can be explained as far as financial, business and social success, not because of ability or worthiness but because of ‘patented promotion’ and use of channels and ways of embezzling and theft of public funds. But that which is being communicated is that this success came to these people through meritocratic methods and work (fact which is false and easily disproven) like the methods used by the average Greek, fact which has a catastrophic impact on the morale, self-esteem and sense of worth/ power of the person.
So, feeling that he/she is not worthwhile and has no potential and concepts like that of the boatman/ ship ticket issue clerk who mysteriously after the Nazi Occupation became a tycoon, the owner of a scrap yard who also mysteriously became a tycoon after the Nazi Occupation, the officer of the navy who after the Junta also became an international tycoon, the student/ resistance party member who somehow returned with great capital from abroad right after the fall of the Junta and acquired huge international corporate empires, and other such people, the Greek person yields to them and their ‘superior’ intellect without realizing because of withholding of information and propaganda that these types of people do not have worth nor scruples nor anything from the legendary ‘Greek Effectiveness’ but are just a gang of robbers presenting themselves in disguise so they will not be ousted from Greece in a manner worse than the ex-king.
Consequently, that which the Greek should be aware of is that the more they are attacked on their identity, their quality of character, progress and civilization the more they have managed to preserve and threaten interest which are against them, their families and their fellow Citizens and because their choices and actions are correct and irrefutable due to proof and logic, manipulation through slander is attempted.
Maybe the only part of culture that they should reconsider as a philosophical axiom is the trust that everyone around them have the same type of earnestness/ conscientiousness (the greek word ‘philotimo / φιλότιμο’) and the same positive motivation as they do, so that they will be able to avoid falling into the traps of rhetoric and demagogues in all the social ranks and learn to control for the quality of their peers on the basis of their actions, on which they too must act. (see blog Stigmata for more detail on this)